Monday, November 20, 2023

Barn window

I patched the barn window last week. I happened to have my camera with me today so I took a photo of the 'window'.   The window is made up of six small panes of glass.  Over time a pane would fall and break.  I have window blinds in the window so that put off my fixing the window.  Last week I saw I was now down to two panes of glass.  So I boarded up the window for now. 

Over a decade ago the other window was the same: six small panes of glass.  Instead of fixing/replacing the small panes of glass that had broken, I redid the window frame and then had a large pane of glass made for the window.  I plan to do the same for this boarded up window next year.



South of this hay feeder the ground is not level.  Some years ago the ground next to the feeder was higher.  Over time the cattle standing and eating from the feeder caused the ground closer to the feeder to sink and move away.  If you look close you may see that the bare ground is higher, with the highest point being where the bare ground and grass meet.  On my to-do list for next year, use the tractor to scrape and move the higher dirt to be next to the feeder.   Otherwise next Spring water will stand next to the feeder from the snow melt.

No comments: