Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Fence rebuild along the road

Today I did a start on a rebuild of the fence along the road for the fruit tree area.  That is because I had an extra three rails left.  Actually I have 6 rails left but three of the rails may be put here or in another area, I haven't decided.

The fence along the road is a barb wire fence.  A fence I haven't fixed or upgraded ever.  But every time I let the cattle into the fruit tree area I keep an eye open in case they break the barb wire fence and get out on the road.  So far they haven't.   But I get nervous and rebuilding this fence is on my to-do list with lots of other stuff. 

I was able to complete this three rail fence section today.  I had started yesterday but all I had time for yesterday was to take down this section of the barb wire fence.  It was some work as apparently my dad had patched and patched this section of the fence.  I forgot to take a picture of the old fence section before I took it down.





Doesn't the rail fence look better and more solid than the barb wire fence?

Here is one of the old fence posts.  The post is solid and heavy except for where the post met the ground.  It had completely rotted.  Someone had put a metal post into the ground and this wood post was wired to the metal post and barb wires to hold the wood post up.

No comments: