Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Some rain

So much for the very slight chance of rain.   Earlier this afternoon I saw a cloud overhead.  Not really any clouds to the west or east of this cloud.  And this cloud was mainly overhead the hayfield, and not formed in the usual direction clouds form around here.  Please, no rain.


Then the cloud moved off and no rain.  Good.   Later in the afternoon while I was cleaning the haybine I heard a few low rumbles of thunder.  A kind-of cloud was overhead again.  Not much to the north or south in regard to clouds.  It didn't look like a rain cloud.  The cloud moved overhead and continued on eastward.  As the end of the cloud was overhead it began to rain.  What? Really?   A few moments later the sun came out as the cloud continued eastward.  The rain continued.  Then it got stronger.  I took refuge in the tractor.  After a bit I went in the house as it continued to rain.   It didn't look like rain to the north or south of me.  I called Donna to ask if it was raining at her place, and it was.  Finally it quit raining at my place.  Tonight I checked the weather service stats and they said we had gotten .05 of an inch of rain.  Enough to get stuff wet.  *argh!*   I'll see what tomorrow will bring as again there is a slight chance of rain in the afternoon.

No comments: