Monday, June 13, 2022

Calf 12 - Maria's

Finally!  Finally!!!   Maria had her calf today.   Last year she had her calf on May 31.  Instead of moving forward when she had her next calf this year, she moved backwards.

I found the calf late this afternoon.  The calf was dry and alert and was born sometime earlier in the day.  Hopefully not when it rained overnight.

The calf is a heifer.  That makes 7 boys and 5 girls this year.

Since it was late afternoon when I found the new calf I will wait until tomorrow to ear tag the calf.

When I walked back out to the far end of the north pasture to take a photo of the new calf, the herd who were eating just outside the corral, followed me to Maria and her calf.  Then when I walked back they followed me back to the corral.  When I was getting closer to the corral, Panda and a few other cows started mooing at me.   What?  What do you want?  You have tall grass, water and salt.  What more do you need?   Divas.  My cows are divas.

The new calf has a little white on her face.  Similar to her mother's face.


No comments: