Saturday, September 19, 2020

Patio fence

When rebuilding my backyard/hayfield fence I went through a number of my old rails looking for the right rails to use on that rebuild.  I also found three rails I didn't need for the rebuild but then found out they were the exact length needed if I wanted to put them on the patio.  I never had this part of the patio fenced as it isn't really needed.  But I found that when I let the cattle in the yard each Spring they would also go into the patio area.  So I had to put up temporary corral panels to keep the cattle out of the patio.  Since these rails were the exact length I decided to take an afternoon and put them up on this part of the patio.  Now I have one less corral panel to put up each Spring to keep the cattle out.




Stitching the photos together makes the fence look more bent than it actually is.


That afternoon I also put in a new 'post' in the ground on which to set the end of my metal corral gate.  The 16 ft gate is heavy and over time will droop on one end if it isn't supported.  While this gate has a bolt that goes into the post next to it to also support the gate, the heavy weight of the gate made it harder to get the bolt into the post when one also has to hold the gate up. The old 'post' I had used was no longer big enough to adequately support the end of the gate.



No comments: