Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Irrigation and cattle

After I moved my irrigation pipes this morning I went back to sleep for a few hours.  When I woke up I saw that my sprinklers had half pressure.  One of the risers unscrewed itself and now a geyser was flowing high from the opening.  I screwed the riser back in the pipe and used a pipe wrench to make it tight, and in the process got soaked.  Several hours later the riser unscrewed itself again.  This time I shut the valve to this sprinkler line and replaced the pipe.   Later I used pipe thread tape on the riser's thread.  I added the pipe back in the line when I moved and lengthened the line this evening. By dark the sprinklers still had good pressure.  In the light of morning I'll see if the tape on the threads fixed the problem.

Diamond and Maria...  I told you they were studying my blocking them from the hay.  They figured out a way to get to the hay.  They knocked over the one wooden pallet that was not bungee corded or wired to the pallet and panel.  The next pallet was bungee corded.  They unhooked the bungee cord.  I found it some distance from the barrier.  They knocked that pallet over.  The other two pallets were wired and bungee corded and they couldn't get those pallets down.  They then saw the one end of the panel rested again the wooden gate and was bungee corded together.  They wiggled the panel and gate so the end of the panel was not against the gate, even though it was still bungee corded to the gate.  Then they pushed against the standing pallets and then the gate.  The two metal t-posts were bent in slightly, along with the pallets and panel.  They then turned their heads and slipped them though the top two rails of the panel as the pallets didn't reach that high.  They could grab a mouthful of hay from the end bale.  They slipped their heads back out and then ate the hay.  Then repeat.



I fixed everything.  Diamond and Maria wandered the pasture eating grass as I fixed stuff.  I'll see tomorrow if they make another attempt at getting the hay.

No comments: