Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Breaking INTO the corral

This morning I found Toby the bull in the corral south of the barn.  He broke into the corral from the north pasture.  I guess he wanted to be closer to Maria and Diamond in the backyard.  I built the corral to keep the cattle inside the corral.  I never thought cattle would try to break into the corral.



Toby spent the day in the corral.  In the evening he was back in the north pasture.  I decided to nail the boards back on the railroad ties.  I found Toby had completely taken the two boards off the fence, not just one side, when he exited the corral.  He came over to watch me as I put the boards back on the fence.  He shook his head and hopped up and down.  Since I was on the other side of the fence I sternly told him to behave and he settled down.  Eventually he wandered off.  I'll see tomorrow if he breaks into the corral again.

Tomorrow I will let Maria and Diamond and their calves out to the north pasture to join Toby as they have pretty much eaten most of the grass in the front yard.

No comments: