Thursday, August 01, 2019

South middle pastures gate fix

Off and on recently I worked on fixing the gate between the south and middle pastures.  If you remember that earlier I had mentioned that Toby broke several posts the gate attaches to.


Installing the railroad ties as new posts took a little longer due to Toby the bull checking out the new post.



Here is a 40 second video of Toby scratching against the railroad tie I am trying to put in the ground: https://youtu.be/Ol-9e_7NGPA



What a nice-looking bull!

In the middle of the hole I was digging for the railroad tie I had to break out parts of an old ancient tree root.


Daisy also came to 'help" me and supervise my work.




Peek-a-boo!

I installed the two railroad ties on the left as posts with my current style of boards linking the two railroad ties.  On the right I added boards between the existing posts to try to balance the look on each side of the gate.



No comments: