Friday, August 09, 2019

Mainline out

Wednesday I removed the extra sprinkler line from the hayfield and placed it in the south pasture.   For the dip I used a sawhorse to hold the line up as it crossed the dip.  As I continued to add pipes to the line Little Red came and started to push the pipe off the sawhorse.  I chased her off.  Now every time I go to use this sprinkler line I have to put the pipe back on the sawhorse. One day the line is off to the left.  The next day the line is off to the right. I also have to stand upright the sprinkler heads as the cattle tip them over.



Thursday I removed the mainline from the hayfield in addition to my usual movement of the two sprinkler lines in the pastures.   Wednesday and Thursday our high temperatures were 92 and 93.  I was dragging by the time I had all the pipes moved.  Today, after moving the sprinkler lines in the morning, I went back to bed.  I slept until 2 pm.

Normally I would have starting cutting the hayfield today or else tomorrow.  But the weather changed.  No more 90 degree temperatures.  Instead it sprinkled rain a few times today.  The forecast is rain from now through Sunday.  The rain chance by Sunday is 90%.  And heavy rain is forecast.  Who knows when it will be dry enough to cut.   If I hadn't lost so much time trying to start my irrigation last month I would have been able to cut and bale my hayfield this week before the rain came.

No comments: