Friday, August 30, 2019

Red/Orange screwdriver

I finally found my red / orange screwdriver yesterday.  When I was starting my irrigation I moved a few items out of the path for the water from a sprinkler.  Behind a railroad tie holding a gate, and under a couple of pocket gopher traps, was my screwdriver.  How it got there is a mystery.  If I didn't know better, it was like someone placed it there.

So...  Happy I found my screwdriver. 

Then this morning I used it when moving the sprinkler lines.  I needed it to pry loose the hook for the second to last pipe and my screwdriver was gone.  It turns out a hole wore in my back pants pocket.  I don't remember the exact last pipe I last used the screwdriver on other than the first pipe, for which I always have to pry the hook.  I spent 20 minutes or more covering the 40 feet between where the pipes were and where the pipes are now for the entire length of the sprinkler line.   The hayfield grass is short as I has recently cut it for hay, and the north pasture grass is also short.  You'd think I could easily see a red / orange handle in the green grass.

Nope.

*sigh*

Why do I bother sometimes?

I still haven't come across my favorite two wrenches for loosening pipe bolts.  A day or two after I first set up the sprinkler lines last month I discovered the two wrenches missing.  I believe I set the wrenches down on the ground after using them, and did not put them back in my pants pocket.  One wrench is my only 9/16 ratcheting wrench so it is nice and useful to quickly loosing and tighten pipe hooks.

This afternoon it rained.  I sewed a patch over the pocket hole.

No comments: