Thursday, November 17, 2016

Bicycle light crash

The evenings are now getting dark when I go for my end of day bicycle ride.  Today I fixed my bicycle light.  The batteries were old and corroded and even the plastic shell holding the lighting unit had corrosion sitting in it.  So I replaced the light with another one I had.

Tonight when cars were nearby I turned my bicycle light on.   I was over two miles from home when I encountered several new small potholes.  Even with the light on I didn't see them and I went flying over my bicycle handlebars and slightly to the right side.  So much for having a light - I see better without one.

I got entangled in my bicycle and hit the ground hard.  I lost my hat and bicycle computer.  I had to use my bicycle light to find them in the ditch.  My nice florescent yellow coat now has black on it from sliding on the pavement.

As you can see I bumped my head.  I didn't lose consciousness.  I also got some road rash on my gloved hand and mainly my right knee. My head bump is sore but my scraped knee is the most annoying.

I rode home with no problem.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need a stationary bike.

Tall Pines said...

Tried it one Winter. Not as fun.