Saturday, February 06, 2016

Five miles

I haven't ridden my bicycle for a week now.  I know... a long time!

So this afternoon, after I went uptown to run a few errands, I got my bicycle out and rode five miles.  I can ride with one hand.  I can ride with no hands.  The wind was really strong today so no hands was not possible.  But riding with one hand was.

Five miles is my limit for now.  I was ready to be done riding once I got back home.  Still, it was nice to get out on my bicycle after so long.

And, yes, I still do have a broken collarbone.  I figured riding wouldn't damage the bone any more  ...unless I would fall on that side again.  Which I did not.


My neighbor Curtis came over this morning and helped me carry my recliner back into the house.  Tammy had banished it from the house years ago as it didn't match her furniture.  The pre-op nurse suggested I sleep in a recliner for a few days after my operation.  I'll see.  At least the recliner is in the house in case I do need it.

No comments: