Friday, February 26, 2016

Activities on a warm day

Another sunny warm calm day.  54 degrees for the high. A gorgeous day.  So much I could do except I have a shoulder stopping me.

Instead, now that the snow is gone from the ditches, I picked up all the garbage in the ditches along the ranch.  I filled two plastic grocery bags.

I fixed a barb wire the deer had broken.  Slow going to use a pliers with my right hand to twist the wire.  I am glad I have a wire stretcher to help me.



I cut up a dozen small branches for firewood.  Slow going using a saw with my right hand.

Pushed the remaining hay from the center to the outer part of the metal feeder.  Tomorrow I need to move another large hay bale out for the cattle.

Riding three different times, I rode a total of 21 miles on my bicycle today.  I only used one arm to ride the bicycle.

It is too hard to sit around doing nothing on such a nice day.

So far my shoulder is holding up this evening.  No more sore than usual in the evenings.  I only have one pain pill left.

No comments: