Saturday, December 27, 2014

Squirrel eating bird food

This morning a squirrel showed up to eat the bird's food.  I first saw the squirrel in the bush grabbing the cage and eating the suet through the bars.  After I took the cage down the squirrel somehow got up into the small feeder on a pole.

For both feeders I chased the squirrel off twice and it ran over to and up a nearby tree.  Daisy never saw the squirrel as each time she was elsewhere, either looking out the mud room window, or in the spare bedroom or basement.  The squirrel was gone up the tree when Daisy came into the living room.  It is a little ironic as Daisy caught a bird here yesterday when I didn't want her to and today I was hoping she would chase the squirrel off.

I had to remove what was left of the bird food to get the squirrel to leave.  I'll wait a few days before putting the food back out in hopes the squirrel will move on.   A winter storm is predicted for tomorrow so I would have liked to have the birds fill up now.

@#&% squirrel


I'm not sure how the squirrel was able to get up in the feeder as it is a small area on a thin pole.


No comments: