Friday, December 05, 2014

Bad foot cow, snow and trees

Giving aspirin to the cow with the bad foot... not working so well.   I mix the aspirin in with some grain.  Cattle love grain, right?  Not this cow.   The first time in the morning she sniffed the grain suspiciously and didn't eat any.   The cattle were in the "cud chewing" mood so I tried again in the afternoon.   She ate a little bit.  Only a very little bit.   I tried again in the evening when I put out a bale of hay.  She was more interested in the hay than the grain.

Her leg is bothering her more.  It's frustrating.   I'll try again tomorrow.

You expect me to eat that?
 
It snowed slowly but steadily overnight and I woke up to plenty of snow.   The forecast for the coming days is for warmer temperatures; temperatures above freezing.  The last snowfall I shoveled everything only to have it all melt.  I don't want to get stuck with a half melted/frozen mess but my heart isn't into shoveling all of the driveway and yard.  I compromised and only shoveled a quarter of everything: around the house and garage and paths to the road and the buildings.  I hope I don't get stuck with a half frozen mess for the rest of the Winter.

The trees look nice with the snow...





In the previous photos... mountains?  What mountains?

No comments: