Monday, March 31, 2014

Thumb oweee

Today when cutting a tree branch the hand saw jumped the cut and started on my thumb nearby.  What annoys me is that just before this happened I thought it possibly could happen yet I continued to saw.  The second dumb move was not wearing gloves.  I had worn them earlier but took them off for a minute and forgot to put them back on.

Tammy was at work which is just as well as she get grossed out when I have a bloody injury.  I went over to my neighbor Jan to get the cut bandaged.  Victoria, Bob's health aid worker, was at the house so she helped also.

I was in the pasture when the injury happened.  The cut was deep and I bleed easily.  My fingers were dirty so I used my tongue to apply pressure on the wound until I got over to Jan's house.  I didn't realize the blood would get all over my mouth and face and Jan initially thought I had injured my mouth.

While deep, the cut did not reach the bone and doesn't appear to have cut any tendons.  Also the cut was clean.  Guess using my tongue was a smart move.

My thumb is sore.

Yup.  I bleed.

No comments: