Friday, March 07, 2014

Still working on water

Around 6 pm I finally pried the last railroad tie free from the ice and was able to get the tarp up out of the ice.  It is hard to see but this side (the former bottom) of the tie still has a thick later of ice on it.


Tomorrow I will roll the hay bales to higher ground and get one over to the cattle. I'm still pumping water from the area. Elsewhere, in the driveway half the water soaked into the ground and also in a few other areas.  If only it would do that where the large hay bales are located.

When I went out late to feed the cattle and check on the bales, even though the corral is wet, muddy and manure covered, Daisy came with me.  Daisy can climb up the fence and over onto the bales as seen here. When it was time to go she wanted me to get her so she wouldn't have to climb down the fence and potentially fall into the water.  As Tammy says... "Such a princess!"

Good thing I placed the bales on pallets.


The cattle today wasted hay.  The adults spilled some hay over the side of their feeder into the water and mud and manure.  The yearlings tipped over their feeder and this allowed manure colored water into the feeder ruining the last of the hay in the feeder.

*sigh*


It was cloudy all day but the sun broke through on the mountains briefly at sunset.




No comments: