Saturday, March 15, 2014

Missoula road trip

Tammy wanted to go on a road trip this weekend.  Initially I thought of driving to Great Falls, Montana.  However, between the almost four hour drive, a Winter weather advisory in the mountains and Marias Pass, and not getting out of bed until almost 10 am, led us to change plans.  We decided to drive to Missoula, Montana.  This is only two hours away.

Before we left I had to put Daisy in the house. She had been ignoring us calling for her and planned to snooze on some rugs in the garage until I found her.

The weather was decent.  The scenery very nice.  Here are views of the Mission Mountains from around Polson, then Ronan, Montana.

Near Polson...


Near Ronan...




In Missoula we stopped at an expo held by a friend of Tammy's. We arrived at the expo just as it was ending.

Then we stopped at a Cracker Barrel as Tammy heard good things about this store.  We found lots of "old time" (that is, baby boomer) candy we haven't seen in a long time.  I bought a Bit-O-Honey bar I remembered as a kid.  Tammy remembered "Chick-O-Stick" which is unknown to me. I bought one of those.  At a candy store in the Southgate mall I bought a "Big Cherry" candy.  The packaging and name and description was similar to "Bing Cherry" candies I knew as a kid and didn't realize the difference until later.  We have yet to eat our candies.  Tomorrow.

I also found a novelty item that I think may also amuse Daisy.  We'll see tomorrow.

Before returning to Kalispell we ate at the Red Robbin restaurant.  Good food.

Tammy's meal: Chicken Caesar salad wrap
We got home just after dark.

No comments: