Sunday, January 01, 2012

Why in the attic?

One of my uncles asked me why I ran my speaker wire in the house's attic instead of under the molding along the floor.  In case you were also wondering, here is why:

The living room has no molding.   (Yes, I plan to eventually get rid of this old ugly green carpet and replace it with wood/laminate flooring.)



The speakers are mounted near the ceiling.  Notice: no sign of speaker wire.  (Yes, the hated red shag carpet will also eventually be replaced.)



By the way, I ran the microphone speaker balancing test last night. The home theater system sounds great.  Even when watching the movie, Date Night, which is not a movie to really test the home theater's abilities, the sound was rich.  I should have had this home theater setup a few nights ago.  Then maybe I could have understand half of what Jeff Bridges mumbled in the movie, Crazy Heart.

No comments: