Monday, January 02, 2012

Broken fence wire

The deer are at it again.  I had another barb wire to fix.


After looking at the following photo I took of my repair job, I could have done better.  I should have attached the broken wire to the same level on the stay.


Another day. Another attempt.  Look better?



Here is an example of why I don't like the vinyl fences.  They are suppose to be maintenance free, but they break so easily.  This is one of my neighbor's fence.  I don't know if it was vandalized or if a deer tried to jump over/through the fence.



Later in the afternoon Tammy helped me clear out the spot in the tool shed for her vehicle.  Each time I work on clearing the spot I think it will take only one more time to finish.   Even with Tammy's help it appears it will take one more time for me to finish the job.

It was nice to have Tammy help me.  We moved the rest of my wooden fence posts over to the hay shed.  To ensure the posts don't roll down in their new location we pounded a couple of metal posts into the ground.  Tammy bravely held the posts upright while I used a sledgehammer to hammer the posts into the frozen ground.

No comments: