Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eggs and auction

Today Tammy and I got a carton of fresh eggs from Michelle, one of her home business direct selling friends.  She and her husband have a chicken operation with over 1,000 chickens.

Fresh eggs!  Yum!    But Tammy won't eat the eggs as they don't come from a store.  Her loss as farm fresh eggs taste better than old store bought eggs.  Tammy made me some scrambled eggs tonight for supper.  Yummy!



Before visiting Michelle, Tammy and I went to an auction in Columbia Falls.  A store that sells used sporting goods and odds and ends of stuff was holding an auction of some stuff.  Most of the stuff was "junk", though one must remember 'beauty is in the mind of the beholder'.  Not many people must have thought this stuff was 'beautiful' as the prices payed were low.   The auction did have a couple of newer looking ice axes that interested me.  I've never had a need for one, but I can see where an ice axe may come in handy on a future hike in Glacier Park.  But I had no interest in waiting a long time for the axes to be auctioned off.  So we left.

No comments: