Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Vaughn trivia

A local radio station I sometime listen to has a morning trivia contest on week days. Often I know the correct answer, and even have won a couple times.  Often the prize is coffee from Montana Coffee Traders.  I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't call in with my answer.

Robert Vaughn's birthday is today.  He is 79 years old.  This morning the trivia question was:
Name the character Robert Vaughn played in this 1960s popular TV show.
I am not sure if the question was how I worded it or whether they mentioned the show was was The Man From Uncle.  It didn't matter as I knew the answer based on how I wrote above the trivia question.

I called and the phone rang and rang and I thought the radio station was on another line with someone who answered the question correctly.  When they answered the phone I asked if they had a winner yet.  They did not.

My answer of Napoleon Solo was correct and I won a free breakfast at the Montana Club restaurant.   If they asked I would have known the other character's name in the show was Illya Kuryakin.

I have vague memories of the TV show as I was in elementary school when it was on TV (1964-1968).  I do remember that a neighbor girl with whom I car pooled to school, and who was two years older than me, had a big crush on the Illya Kuryakin character.

No comments: