Monday, November 28, 2011

Flat tires

I got a flat tire on my bicycle today when I decided to ride a couple miles after getting the mail.  By the time I got home my bicycle tire was flat.

In the evening when I got around to patching the bicycle tube I successfully patched the hole but then found the valve stem was coming out of the tube.  That tube was no good.

I didn't have any more new tubes so I worked on four old tubes I had trouble patching over the past few years.  Back then I had different type of patches and different glue.  I thought with better patches and glue I would get the tires fixed this time.

I struck out.  Some tires I patched the hole only to find a second hole after I put the tube back into the tire.  A few patches didn't take for various reasons.

On.  Off.  On. Off.   What made it worse was the tire barely fit on the rim.  That means I had to really work with tire irons to get the tire off and on the rim

I only had four patches and glue for four patches.  I ran out.

Frustration.

On the to-do list tomorrow is to buy a new tube and another patch kit.  I have so much crap around here that either these tubes will be fixed now or they will get tossed.

No comments: