Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sold couches and loveseats

I sold my couch and loveseat to make way for Tammy's couch and loveseat as Tammy didn't like my furniture.   My furniture was originally dad's furniture.

As you can see below my furniture was leather or fake leather - I'm not sure which.  It was in very good condition.  I put an ad on craigslist and sold it within a couple of days when a lady came and bought it for her son and his kids to have as she said the kids are very hard on the microfiber furniture currently in their basement.


I thought it would take longer to sell the furniture here as craigslist has lots of used furniture for sale here in the Flathead.  However the furniture listed is either cloth, microfiber or contemporary overstuffed leather furniture. To me the furniture listed looked ugly.  And the prices being asked seemed high to me.

I sold my furniture last week but the lady didn't come get it until this morning.  I had to call and remind her a few times about getting the furniture as I needed room for my living room rearrangement.

The room without the furniture.  ...for now.



A few weeks earlier I had sold my couch and loveseat that I owned back when I lived in Minnesota.  I had left that furniture at my mother's house when I moved to Montana.  The couch had built-in recliners which my mother really liked so she used it until she died.  My brother and mother already had a couch, and my brother didn't care for my couch and loveseat, so I sold it, again via craigslist.  It sold quick even though that couch and loveseat is a cloth version I had bought in 1992 and is now long out of style.  The oil workers flooding to North Dakota need furniture so the demand is high and the listings on craiglist are low.  The guy who bought my furniture said he didn't have any furniture where he lived. His place was bare.

No comments: