Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rim for salt

I catch myself checking for my cattle out in the hayfield.  I do miss them a little bit.  At least I still have the horses to keep the place from feeling completely empty.

I toss the small and/or bruised apples out for the horses now that the cattle are gone.  They turn up their noses and don't eat them.  Go figure.

My neighbor welded a couple things for me yesterday.  I had broken another rake and he welded the two broken metal pieces back into one.  I also had him weld a rim used to hold a salt block.  Last year I snagged it with the harrow.  When it was pulled from the ground one of the spikes broke off.  It looks like there used to be three spikes but that appears to have been long a long time ago.

Here is how the rim looks before it is sunk into the ground.  The spikes are good idea to keep the cattle from moving it all around the pasture.

No comments: