Monday, May 31, 2010

Working around the rain

The weather in Montana this past Spring has been cool and wet.  The last few days have been very wet.  Yesterday we had a break in the rain and I got part of the yard mowed.  I guess I should have mowed until dark and finished the mowing job as I woke up to rain this morning.  It has been raining off and on all day.

I was able to take advantage of a break in the rain and ride a couple miles on my bicycle.  This is the first time I have ridden all month.  I have always ridden at least 1 mile each month on my bicycle since June 1983.  I would hate to break a consecutive string of so many months.  If I missed riding this month, to exceed 27 years non-stop, I would have to ride until I was 80 years old.

Since I couldn't work outside Tammy helped me organize some of my pantry shelves.  Without organization I have been storing extra cans of food downstairs in the basement.  This doesn't sound like much but organizing and cleaning takes time.

Another day of using my wood stove to warm the house and keep the damp chill at bay.

No comments: