Wednesday, May 05, 2010

May means snow

Very busy working on the census as a crew leader.  Very busy!  Last week was a 70 hour week getting my team up and running.

Very high winds yesterday. 93 mph at Logan Pass and 40 to 50 mph in parts of the Valley.  I had to wait while a tractor moved a tree off the North Fork road so I could drive home from Polebridge. I was able to dodge the other fallen trees.  One of my team members working in the Swan saw a fallen tree start a fire.

The sleet yesterday was nothing in comparison to the few inches of snow today while I was in the Canyon area.  At least that was better than the 9 inches the southern end of my district (in the Swan) got today.

And some people think May means flowers.  Not here!

Here are a couple of photos I took while driving through Hungry Horse in the Canyon area.


I better get to bed now as I have another long day tomorrow.

No comments: