Friday, May 07, 2010

Census boxes

I am tired.  Last week I worked 70+ hours on the census.  This week I am up to 48 hours with one day left to reach my maximum of 55 hours.

Tired.  Tired.  Tired.

I have 11 workers and tonight I got 6 more people who were just trained this week.  Three of them are doing their field observation tomorrow morning and tonight I got them a couple of binders with lists of address we need to contact to get the information the people did not send in to the census in April.

Just when I got the 11 people working smoothly at the job and had a chance to catch my breath I get more people.  Mind you, I need more people in order to get the work done, so I am not really complaining... but I could have used a few more days to get caught up with the paperwork.

Thursday I got the rest of my binders of census address and maps.   Initially I got 12 boxes (63 binders).  Thursday I got 15 more boxes with the rest of my binders.  One box is double sized and I haven't looked in it yet.  I'm kinda scared to.  Good thing I had my pickup else I would not have gotten all the boxes home.

My living room is full of boxes.  And these aren't all the boxes.


Crazy just trying to keep up.

This past morning I woke up from a dream about me and another person trying to get census information from a house and then filling the paperwork out correctly.  NOT what I rwant to dream about!!!

No comments: