Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gophers again

I took some time from my census work and Tammy and I walked the pasture and checked my gopher traps.  I trapped one pocket gopher (number 70 for the year) and set two more traps at fresh mounds of dirt.

No more regular gophers trapped, though one trap was triggered.  Maybe it was the wind that did it... or a mouse.

The river looks higher too.   A few days ago when we walked the pasture we found a couple teenagers on the opposite river bank.  They were fishing.  They also had a small campfire going, which was producing plenty of smoke.

My neighbor to the south plowed his sister's field and yesterday he "rolled" it.  That is, he pulled a very large heavy metal roller (think of the Flintstone's car's wheels) and flattened the plowed field.  Maybe his sister will plant grass for hay - finally.   Hope so, else it becomes a weed field every year.

No comments: