Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gophers and girlfriend

Tammy has arrived from Minnesota and I am trying to wind down my Census work.  Yesterday we took a stroll around the pasture to check out the trees, river and gopher traps.

I hadn't checked my gopher traps since I started the crazy census work.  We found one dead regular gopher in a trap.  The gopher had been dead a very long time and smelled terrible.  I had to hold my nose when getting it out of the trap.  That chore was hard as I didn't want to touch anything close to the gopher.  Eventually I got the gopher out of the trap and now have the trap dangling in the river in an effort to clean it.

I have hopes this gopher was the mate for the gopher I trapped just before I started my census job.  None of the other traps were triggered and no new holes were found.

The river is higher but not too high.

Tammy took time to pet one of the neighbor's two horses.


I took time to pull up a tree root.


Just how long is that root?!

No comments: