Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunsets then snow

Winter arrived this weekend.  Light snow started Saturday morning and picked up by afternoon becoming heavy.  At sunset the wind arrived and blew strong all night.  And the temperature stayed in the single digits most of the weekend.

Saturday morning when the snow started, I put into paper bags and stored away, the remaining branches I use as kindling to start fires in my wood stove.  I've learned from past years that having the branch pile sit under my patio doesn't protect it from getting buried by snow on a windy day.  They would have been buried by Sunday morning.

We had 7.5 inches of snow. I think the snow will be staying until Spring.  Sunday I shoveled the snow off half my yard/driveway.   My body felt it as I haven't shoveled snow since this past Spring.

Here is Wednesday night's sunset and Friday night's sunset.



More of Friday's sunset.  Then Saturday night's "sunset".


No comments: