Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Moon over the mountains

Monday at sunset I was out in the south pasture near the southern fence line when I noticed the very close to full moon rising over the Swan Mountain Range.   The snow covered mountains were a rosy pink from the sunset and the moon was huge as it first rose.  It was beautiful and I wanted a photo of it.

Though I only had minutes in which to get a photo I ran all that distance home and got my camera.  The pink was fading fast, and I missed the best color, but I got a couple photos off before it was completely gone.  Then I was left with the moon rising over white mountains.

 

The one photo shows the moon from where I first seen it rise.  Trust me, the moon looked much bigger in person and when it first rose over the mountains.





Later, after dark when I went outside the moon was so bright it was almost like being outside during the day.

No comments: