Thursday, June 18, 2009

New dead gopher

After all this time I finally trapped another regular gopher. Finally! I don't know if he got tired of moving or whether he just slipped up but I got him Wednesday. Thursday I had to move traps out of the middle pasture as I am letting the cattle back into it. When moving traps I noticed two new (reopened) holes near where I had the traps. I am not sure if the holes were created pre or post dead gopher. I guess I'll find out in the next few days. I imagine it would be just too good of luck for this to be the final gopher.

Speaking of luck, I am having no luck with the rain. Wednesday it rained hard all around my place but I barely got any rain. The closest rain I got was a few minutes of sprinkles when I was on the edge of one large storm. Various storms were moving around the Valley all day - north, south, east and west - but they all managed to miss me. It was very frustrating. I need rain so bad I wouldn't have minded a downpour that would have doused my smoldering tree stumps.

Thursday I hiked in Glacier Park and got soaked from the rain water on the bushes that crowded the trail. I even got some light rain drops on me off and on during the hike. Back home it stayed dry as a bone.

No comments: