Thursday, June 04, 2009

Fire, part 2

I spoke with Jim and Debbie the night of the fire. They were still stunned by the fire. Everything in their shop was lost. Jim found out his insurance didn't cover his boat under personal property as the boat had a motor and therefore needed to be covered under a separate policy.

A few neighbors stopped by to check out the damage. Jim wandered around and around his shop pulling stuff from the ashes and remembering what he had.

Jim and Debbie said that when they drove back from Missoula that were afraid the fire would reach my building as they knew I had my horse trailer and motor home inside it. The fire was minutes from starting my building on fire. If the fire had occurred the previous day when a north wind was blowing my place probably would have gone up in flames.

The lead fighter fighter said because the fire burned so hot he had no idea how the fire started. A special fire investigator hired by the insurance companies came by that night to talk with Jim and Debbie and look around and take photos. He was there for quite some time.

They are still waiting for the insurance adjusters. Hopefully they will come soon as the two standing walls may not stand up to strong winds. The weather forecasters are predicting a wind event Friday when a Canadian cold front arrives.



See how the legs of the A frame bent and bowed due to the heat.



My building ... Jim's building. Close.



What was inside where the fire reached my building. I moved the material on the left of the posts so I could search for signs of fire inside my building. None found.

No comments: