Friday, September 19, 2008

Back in MT

With all my recent and future traveling I am going to have to come up with another title to my "back in Montana" posts.

I arrived home this morning. The train left Seattle on time and arrived in Whitefish 15 minutes early. That is a nice surprise.

My aunt Cathy made me several peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my trip and gave me some yummy scones she had bought at the Puyallup Fair when we were there earlier that day. My uncle Larry and Aunt Diane drove me to the train station in Seattle. My uncle Curt waved goodbye, probably glad to be rid of me finally. While at his house I got lost, got bloody after falling on Mt. Rainer, exceeded curfew when I came home at 2:30 am, and etc.

There were more people on the train out of Seattle that I expected. By the time Gary go on board the train in Everett, Washington all the pairs of seats had at least one person in them so he had to sit by me. We caught up on what each had done since we left the cruise. Gary was busy with his relatives in hiking, sightseeing, and kayaking.

At Wenatchee, Washington, lots of people got off the train and a number of seat pairs opened up. Gary moved to the open seats so he and I each had a pair of seats to sleep in. He said he slept better on this train trip than the trip out to Seattle.

Since getting home I have unpacked and washed several loads of laundry. Surprisingly the blood washed out of my clothes. I also trimmed some tree branches for Bob and Jan and hauled a trailer and pickup load of tree branches and garden remains off to a low spot in my pasture for later tree stump burning.

While I have not burned wood in my stove since last winter, my closed up house had the smell of wood smoke. It will take me a day to get used to it and not notice it anymore.

A beautiful day today with sun, no winds, and warm temperatures. The cooler and cloudy weather I left behind in Tacoma is suppose to arrive tomorrow.

Library closing now. Talk with you later.

No comments: