Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flu and Comanche Moon

Tuesday I was sick with the 24 hour flu. Monday my brother was sick with this flu and then I came down with it the next day.

I'm glad it was only a 24 hour flu as I was miserable the whole time. I was able to keep from vomiting but I had all the other flu symptoms. I woke up with the flu Tuesday morning and when I woke up Wednesday morning the flu was completely gone. I do remember waking up briefly Tuesday night/Wednesday morning so soaked in sweat from head to toe that I could feel the sweat was running down my body. That must be when the flu broke as when I woke up later the flu was gone.

While laying on the couch resting I decided to finish watching the TV mini-series, Comanche Moon. I love watching westerns, and really liked the Lonesome Dove TV mini-series. However the end of Comanche Moon added to my flu misery.

Comanche Moon is the prequel to Lonesome Dove and explains how the two main male characters, Gus and Woodrow, lost the loves of their life, with one of the women dying at the end. A downer way to end the movie.

I realize the movie had to explain how Gus and Woodrow came to be the people they were in Lonesome Dove. The problem is that most everyone dies, leaves, or goes crazy in this movie. It is one thing to reminisce about past loves and missed opportunities in Lonesome Dove; it is quite another thing to go though losing those loves and missing those opportunities, especially when the movie script isn't that good.

One last thing, the temperature got down to a new record low last night: -25 F. The end of February and still cold. It has warmed up to -2 F now.

No comments: