Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cold here, snow there

A cold blast came to North Dakota over the weekend. Lots of -20 F temperatures with the highest temperatures nowhere near 0 F. But very little snow. I thought about visiting an antique and glassware auction this afternoon before visiting mom at Manor Care but decided against it due to it still being -12 F. There will be other auctions.

In Montana however, I am missing lots of snow. Peter and Edwina, in a snowier part of the Valley, said they have had 165 inches of snow so far this year - a little more than average. Here is a photo Peter and Edwina sent me of their place once they cleared the roofs of snow.

I spoke with my neighbors Bob and Jan. Jan had checked on my house last week and everything is fine. Due to the snow she had to walk from the road to reach my house. Another neighbor who other years had plowed my driveway a few times as a courtesy hadn't plowed my driveway this year. Other than a few deer tracks Jan noticed no other tracks in the snow at the ranch.

Glacier Park has closed more of their roads. The cross country skiing must be fantastic.
Snow closes Glacier park road

Posted: Feb 9, 2008

Officials with the National Park Service at Glacier National Park have been forced to close down St. Mary's Lake Road on Saturday at the entrance.

Snow caused the road to be blocked off. Previously, it was open to the foot of St Mary's Lake.

There's no word from officials on how long St. Mary's Lake Road will be shutdown.

No comments: