Saturday, July 29, 2006

Measuring and haircut

Thursday's County Commissioners meeting play-by-play will have to wait till another day. While it is not too late (by my standards) I don't feel like taking time now to reconstruct the meeting in detail. Must be the heat. Day after day of mid-90s temperatures and very low humidity is slowing me down.

I will say that after my haircut I rode my bicycle and using my bicycle's computer/odometer (which is accurate) measured the distance from Rose Crossing to Tronstad Road along Whitefish Stage Rd. 1.25 miles. I measured the distance on my road from Rose Crossing to the north. 1.2 miles is near the subdivision's southern perc test pipe. Streich, the former owner apparently shilling for the developer, was wrong when he said if Tronstad Road was extended eastward the road would not pass through the proposed subdivision's property, but would pass south of the property. I stopped at Loyd and Joe Ann's house and we looked at their book of Flathead County's road maps. Even on the map Tronstad Road would pass through the proposed subdivision. But the Commissioners wouldn't listen to me when I suggested they verify Tronstad Road's future location! So much for long range planning!

Yup... this afternoon I finally got my summer haircut. 'Bout time. I had it cut short. I haven't looked in a mirror since having my hair cut but I believe my hair doesn't even reach my ears. So it is probably shorter than I usually have it cut. I still don't have a camera, so no photos. Sorry, guess you'll have to use your imagination.

No comments: