Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Chainsaw photos

A very busy day today running around town: from after 10 am till almost 10 pm. I'm tired.

MaryAnn called tonight to say the huckleberries are very good this year - after a few bad years. She and her sister are going picking tomorrow and she invited me to join them. As I don't know the location of any huckleberry patches I will join them even though it means getting up early - way early for me. (where did I put my alarm clock? ) I meet them at 5:30 am. So off to bed soon for me. I'll write more later - if a bear doesn't get me while picking the berries. I guess we are going to the same area as where we picked a few years ago - and I heard a bear in the afternoon. I guess I was intruding on his berry patch?

Brian sent me a few photos. Here are a couple of when I cut the fallen tree so it wouldn't fall on the cattle. The cattle like to rub against the supporting branches and I was afraid the tree would topple over on them this year. Brian took the photos when I was almost done cutting the tree. In the one photo you can see where the wind snapped the tree off. (The trunk is behind me.)

No comments: