Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Pail handle breakage

When I clean the ashes out of my woodstove each day I use an old metal pail to hold the ashes. The pail holds two gallons.   The pail was from the old days when paint came in metal pails and not plastic ones like they do now.   Yesterday when I carried the pail to toss the ashes out in the pasture one of the handle attachments came off.   I'm not sure how the attachment stayed on over all these years. Glue?    To fix it I added screws to where the attachment came off.

A Coast to Coast store must have sold the paint.   Man, they haven't been around for decades.  https://dfarq.homeip.net/coast-to-coast-hardware-stores-history/



To fix the handle I added screws.  The second photo shows how the handle is still attached on the other side.   I like the metal attachment.  The plastic attachments on pails and buckets these days don't last for me and can't be fixed.

No comments: