Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Middle | South pasture gate fixed

This afternoon I fixed / replaced the middle to south pasture gate.  Once I took off the former gate I had to dig around the railroad tie and then make it stand straight and not lean.

The newer gate's 'hinges' can't be popped off as they are part of the gate, not hooks that go into the gate's end.  So I had to drill new holes through the railroad tie for these bolts as they weren't positioned like the former gate's hinges.




See how the newer gate's hinge and bolt are wrapped around the gate.



The top bolt in the gate had gone through a decayed part of the railroad tie.  Maybe that was why that hinge could be turned.  The newer top bolt is lower, about halfway down the decay.  To make the bolt fit well and hold, I had to use a metal piece.


Another project done.

No comments: