Monday, October 30, 2023

Concrete by fence removal

This afternoon I worked a bit on my fence rebuild.  The temperature barely warms above freezing each day.  The snow melt is so slow.  But I got a little work done today.

I had some concrete pieces along the fence between the driveway towards the north pasture fence.   With some work I was able to remove those pieces.   The ground is hard, but not frozen - yet.  With a crowbar I was able to pry the pieces out of the ground.   Some dirt was stuck / frozen to the bottom of a number of the pieces.  I had to scrape the frozen dirt off the best I could.

Instead of starting my pickup to move the concrete pieces I used my wheelbarrow.   If you remember from my hawthorn tree cutting this Spring the wheelbarrow's tire went flat due to the thorns.  Over the Summer I repaired the tire over and over and over again.  Finally I got all the leaks fixed. The tire is now holding air.  This is a test of my flat repairs as this is the first time I hauled something heavy since the repairs.  So far, so good.

I made five trips to haul the concrete pieces to a spot by the hayshed to store them.  Then it was getting close to sunset so I quit working for the day.  Slow but steady and I may get the fence rebuild done.  This year hopefully.

This is how wide my garden was when I had a garden.  I grew a lot back then.

34 pieces of concrete.

Under the fence I had regular concrete blocks to dig up and move.

One load of concrete pieces.

No comments: