Thursday, July 28, 2022

More irrigation stuff

Another day.  More problems.   This morning when I was moving the irrigation lines on the line I just moved and restarted a sprinkler came off and I had a tall geyser.  An internal mechanism in the sprinkler must have worn out. I had it happen once or twice before over the years.  It is very uncommon.  So I had to replace the sprinkler.

This evening when I was moving an irrigation line the water flow out of the other sprinklers went down.  Initially I thought the heat must have stopped the irrigation pump and the sprinkler flow would stop.  But the slow flow didn't stop.  So I looked for a leak.  I found that the last pipe of the mainline came apart from the rest of the other mainline pipes and water was gushing out.   The mishmash of steel and aluminum pipes can make it hard to securely connect the pipes to each other.  So in the past I have pounded two steel posts in the ground at the end of the mainline pipes.  This year I forgot to do that.  My sprinkler lines usually are pretty steady in length.  But today I am going 'around' the house so the line is a little shorter today.  Shorter line, less sprinklers, more pressure in the line.  So I had to fix the problem and pound posts at the end to hold the mainline together.

Today was a couple degrees warmer than yesterday, but the irrigation pump did not shut off due to the heat.  That was good.  The mosquitos are still a big problem.  I don't put insect repellant inside my ear or close to my eyes.  When carrying sprinkler pipes I had mosquitos get inside my ears, or so close to my eyes I could see the mosquitos when they landed right next to my eye.

No comments: