Monday, July 06, 2020

Finished hay cutting

I finished cutting my hay around 6 pm.  I finished a few hours earlier than I expected.  Things went well.  For about half of what I had to cut today I was able to drive my tractor in the second lowest gear.  I felt like I was then cruising.

The hay cut from the previous days are already starting to dry.  You can tell what I already cut today versus what I cut yesterday.




I have a hand scythe and I used it to cut the grass under the power line towers.  The grass was tall and thick.   The tall grass couldn't stand up and laid on other grass.  The grass was several levels deep.  In some spots the lowest level grass was turning brown and very wet.  The wetness wasn't due to lower ground but due to the thickness of all the grass.  It was very hard to cut the grass by hand.  I am somewhat amazed my haybine could cut the rest of the grass so well in all spots.



The weather forecast definitely has rain for tomorrow.  Not what I want since I just cut my hay.  I hope the rain doesn't come or it misses me.

I must be getting old.  This evening after I finished cutting the hay and then cleaning the haybine, I fell asleep for several hours.

No comments: