Friday, July 24, 2020

Cattle photos

Now that the irrigation sprinklers are in the NE pasture, and Diamond's calf is a little more active, it was time to let Diamond and Maria and their calves out into the rest of the pastures to join the herd.

Here are photos of Diamond and Maria in the morning before I let them out to join the rest of the herd.




Maria and her calf





Photos of the cattle - mostly the calves - after I let the herd come from the middle pasture to the north pasture to join up with Diamond and Maria.  Diamond and Maria and their calves were not in the photos as Toby the bull kept checking Diamond or Maria out.

"Maria, do you need my loving?"

then,

"Diamond, do you need my loving?"

then back to Maria,

"Maria, do you need my loving now?"

Over and over the rest of the day.  Toby was near Diamond then Maria, then back again.   Well, this will keep him occupied for a while as neither cow will come into heat for a while.

The calves seem to be doing fine, and gaining weight.





This one of Speckle's twin calves.  She is growing nicely.

The other one of Speckle's twin calves.

Mama and her calf



When I let the herd come from the middle pasture to the north pasture I discovered Red was in the south pasture.  She had river walked.  Now she wanted to come join the rest of the cows in the north pasture and paced the fence and gate until I walked over and opened the gate.  When pacing sometimes she would run back and forth.  When she had to cross the middle pasture to the north pasture, she walked.  Red is so fat she couldn't run anymore.

No comments: