Thursday, July 04, 2019

Half year bicycle milage

Happy 4th of July!

It's at the halfway point and here are my bicycle miles so far.  3070 miles.   Not as many miles as last year's six month total of 4710 miles, but that was a record year.   As it is, this year is the fourth highest mileage total out of 42 years of keeping track.


Mama is taking no chances.  She hides her calf when the calf sleeps.  This morning Mama and Diamond were in the corral, but no calf in sight. I tried to find and see the calf but Mama kept me at a distance, or on the other side of fences.  I think Mama hid the calf in the tall grass behind the loafing shed.   In the afternoon when I returned from a bicycle ride I saw the calf with Mama in the corral.  The calf was looking at the other calves on the other side of the gate and in the north pasture.  Later I saw Mama in the corral, but no sign of the calf.  Mama hid it again when the calf laid down to sleep.

No comments: