Friday, July 05, 2019

Fence 1 rebuild by river

I rebuilt the fence by the river where the heifers at first and then other cattle crossed to get from the middle to south pastures without having to cross the river.  It was an old fence, and not too long of a fence.  With all the tall grass you'd think the cattle wouldn't find any weaknesses in the old fence as you can barely see the fence.  But that's cattle for you!

This first photo shows where I temporarily placed tree branches to stop the cattle from crossing the broken down fence.


The large log was always there.  I just moved further down the fence line when taking the photo of the rebuilt fence.   The boards leaning against the log are from the old fence.  The old fence was a combination of boards for posts along with metal t-posts.  The new fence is all metal t-posts now that I have extra t-posts after my recent fence rebuilds elsewhere.  I also went from three strands of barb wire to four strands.


No comments: