Saturday, July 13, 2019

Cattle into middle pasture photos

Since I talked about cattle in my last blog post, I thought I would share a few photos from Thursday when I let the cattle into the middle pasture.

Speckles' calf in the north pasture

Like father, like son

The gate is open.  Toby eats at the gate as the other cattle come.

Coming through the gate

Beulah

Toby still at the gate

Toby now bringing up the rear.

Calves in the middle pasture

Speckles' calf in the middle pasture

This evening, after I finished cutting Calvin's field with my haybine, I saw that some cattle were in the south pasture. *sigh*  The cattle always are testing the boundaries.  At the gate were Red, Toby and someone's calf.  Red wanted back into the middle pasture so her calf could drink milk.  Further off were Little Red (naturally) and a black heifer or cow.  I left them there and did not come back to the gate when Little Red came to it later.   I checked the fence, especially the new section I had just rebuilt.  I was concerned that Red or Little Red had convinced Toby to wreck the rebuilt fence so they could get back through. The fence was fine.  But it appeared the cattle crossed the river to a gravel bar (where I could see hoof prints), walked along, then re-crossed the river south of the fence to get to the south pasture. *sigh* 

No comments: