Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Fence 2 rebuild by the river

Last week I rebuilt another short section of fence near the river.  The river erodes and deposits.  The last fence rebuild a few weeks ago was because the area between the fence and river enlarged which encouraged the cattle to go over the fence.   This latest section is near an area that had very slowly eroded.  After ten or more years a few fence posts were starting to lean over.  So I moved that part of the fence back from the river, hopefully not so far that the cattle try to break through, and rebuilt the rest of the fence and added an extra strand of barb wire.  The old fence posts were a combination of wood and steel posts.  I replaced the wood posts with steel posts, now that I have some extra steel posts from my fence rebuilds earlier this year.



I have a shrub/bush/tree growing near here that I had planted some years ago.  As you can see I had to protect it from the cattle.  Looks like I will have to add 'enlarging the protection' to my to-do list.



This should be it for fence rebuilding for a while.  I have other projects I need to work on.

No comments: