Tuesday, May 01, 2018

In heat

A few cows and heifers seem to be in heat.  And got it bad!  Tonight I had to put the heifer, Diamond, into the loading corral.   Different cows were mounting the heifer and she would collapse to the ground under their weight.  Sometimes one cow would stand in front of the heifer so she couldn't move forward while another cow mounted her.  One of the cows hassling the heifer was #80, the large pregnant cow.  I was afraid the heifer would get hurt as she couldn't stand and support the large cow's weight.

I got the heifer into the corral and closed the gate on #80 and the other cows hassling the heifer.  As I tried to open the gate to the loading corral, cow #90 now started to mount the heifer.  I had to chase cow #90 away several times.  Then as I worked the loading corral gate the heifer started to sniff the rear of cow #90.

I finally got the heifer into the loading corral.  In there she has green grass to graze on.  A few hours later she was mooing and complaining.  I didn't let her out and won't until morning.  Hopefully she will be over the worst part of being in heat.

These horny females!   No access to a bull and they go full-on lesbian.

No comments: